Heat Transfer Experts
Gadsden, AL 35904
fax (256) 546-4614
What are extruded tanks, exactly? They are aluminum tanks produced as a solid piece of aluminum. That means there are no weld points on the tank itself that could possibly fail. The inside of the tank is rounded in the corners which allows it to handle additional pressure and heat. These tanks are made using 6061 aluminum alloy which is excellent for a wide variety of uses. Whether you’re replacing the tanks on an existing intercooler, radiator, or oil cooler or just need them for a special project, these tanks will stand up to virtually any type of abuse. We offer a variety of sizes to fit your needs as well as end plates, baffles, hole drilling, and cutting to length. Here are the details:
- Tank Width Sizes and Price – widths are measured from outside wall to outside wall. We carry two different length legs (or height) and all the materials come in six (6) foot long sections but can be cut to length (see Cut and Hole Charges below).
- 2.50 inch legs (height)
- 2.250 inch width – $21.30 per foot
- 2.635 inch width – $22.16 per foot
- 3.500 inch width – $32.36 per foot
- 4.500 inch width – $35.76 per foot
- 5.500 inch width – $37.33 per foot
- 6.300 inch width – $53.80 per foot
- 1.50 inch legs (height)
- 1.50 inch width – $18.69 per foot
- 2.00 inch width – $20.19 per foot
- 2.50 inch legs (height)
- Cut and Hole Charges – we can cut the six foot tanks to any length you want and add pre-drilled holes to the tank.
- $25.00 per cut charge
- $25.00 per hole charge
- End Plates and Baffles – we can add baffles or end plates to your tank for $3.00 each.
If you would like to order tanks from us or have any questions, then please give us a call at 1-800-223-4299. We’ll be happy to assist you and make sure you get the right tank for your project.
When it came to cooling our ’64 Fairlane 500KR project my choice was Chris C. and the team at C, G, & J. The custom radiator was built exactly to my requirements, fit perfectly, and has performed flawlessly!
Custom Manufacturing: Marine Circular Charge Air Cooler What do you do when presented with a non-standard cooler design? For us, the answer is simple. You create a comparable design and build it. That's what we did when contacted about an all aluminum replacement charge air cooler for a boat. Read more
Our Copper-Brass Manufacturing Capabilities Over the past couple of years we have brought our heat exchange expertise to copper-brass radiators and are now expanding our copper-brass capabilities again this year. We get a lot of questions regarding what we can do, so let's answer those questions today. Read more
Why Buy an Aluminum Core Instead of the Whole Unit We get a lot of questions about why you might want to get just an aluminum core for a radiator, oil cooler, or charge air cooler instead of the full unit. The answer really depends on what your needs are, so let's discuss some of the reasons why. Read more
Wishing Jerry a Happy Retirement The C, G & J, Inc. and Brice Thomas Radiator family would like to wish a fond farewell to owner Jerry Guyton who recently announced that he would be retiring at the end of this year. He has been around for a long time and it was tough for him to decide to go. Read more
What it Means to Re-core a Heat Exchanger We get a lot of questions about what it means to re-core a heat exchanger. It's a simple process that provides you with a like new unit while saving you money. Let's look at the difference between a new unit and a re-core. Read more